Welcome to JSIR 2020, Kobe
This year, we have been given the honor of hosting “The 49th Annual Meeting of the IVR Society of Japan” in Kobe. The event will be held for three days, from May 28th to May 30th in 2020 at Kobe Portopia Hotel. I would like to assure you that all staff members are making every effort to make this a meaningful meeting for all participants.
Over the past half century, interventional radiology has made remarkable progress. Based on various technological innovations and advances in devices, IVR has come to the fore in many medical fields. Furthermore, IVR treatment has also been established as a first-line treatment method for some diseases and conditions. On the other hand, there are quite a number of IVR procedures that have not been as popularized as expected, due to factors such as lack of evidence and barriers to insurance. Under these circumstances, we hope that more IVR procedures will become widely recognized as a scientifically sound treatment method, as well as the best option for patients. It is an important mission of this academic society to transfer the technology cultivated by our predecessors into the future, and it is necessary for us to foster as many IVR specialists as possible — especially those who can perform more sophisticated treatments. I strongly wish that the IVR procedures performed by IVR specialists specifically will continue to be the best treatment method for patients, hence why we have decided upon this year’s theme: “IVR: Be the best for patients.”
Kobe, a city surrounded by the sea and mountains, boasts a natural charm, and you can enjoy many foods here, including the famous Kobe beef. There are also many noteworthy locations nearby, including Arima Hot Springs, stunning night views from Rokkosan, Awaji Island (which is a treasure trove of food) and finally, the World Heritage Site Himeji Castle – all of which are about an hour’s travel from here. Since Kobe is also close to cities such as Osaka, Nara, and Kyoto, I hope that you can enjoy not only academic matters, but also indulge in these many cultural attractions during your stay.
I am truly looking forward to seeing you all in the vibrant city of Kobe!
Takamichi Murakami, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor and Chairman
Department of Radiology
Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine
Congress President of JSIR 2020
IVR – be the best for patients –
Date and Venue
August 25th (Tue) – 27th (Thu), 2020
KOBE PORTOPIA HOTEL
10-1, 6 Chome, Minatojima Nakamachi, Chuo-ku, Kobe, 650-0046 Japan
|Deadline for receipt of abstracts||: Abstract submission has been closed.|
|Notification of acceptance||: Middle of February, 2020|
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Please carefully read the following submission guidelines prior to submitting an abstract:
1. The abstract must be prepared in English.
2. Presentation style: Oral presentation or Poster presentation
3. Abstracts must be submitted by using the Abstract Submission Form below and send it to the JSIR2020 Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please save the file as first author’s last name (ex. Smith.doc).
5. The title of the abstract: Limited up to 50 letters, approximately 10 words
6. The body of the abstract: Limited up to 1600 letters, approximately 300 words
7. Authors: Limited up to 14 co-authors
8. Affiliations: Limited up to 10 affiliations
7. Tables, graphs, images and references must NOT be included.
Categories and Presentation Styles
Please select a category and research field which are most applicable to your study. You may also specify the preference for “oral” or “poster” presentation.
Please note that the Program Committee will make the final allocation when the abstract is accepted.
|1||Experimental research||5||Radiation protection|
|2||Clinical research||6||Medical staff|
|4||New technology/Imaging support||8||Miscellaneous|
|1||Neuro/Head and neck||10||Vascular malformations|
|2||Respiratory system||11||Visceral aneurysm/SAM|
|3||Liver||12||Bone and soft tissue|
|4||Alimentary tract/Bile duct/Pancreas||13||Trauma|
|5||Portal vein systems||14||Non-trauma emergency|
|6||Obstetrics and gynecology||15||Complications|
Young Investigator Award
- Only overseas participants are eligible to apply.
- Young Investigator Award has been established to encourage and support young professionals under age of 40 at the time of submission to attend the JISR2020 from overseas.
- It will be awarded by the organizing committees up to 10 applicants who have submitted outstanding abstracts.
- The scholarship will be given to the presenting author, and JPY50,000 will be reimbursed on-site after presentation. Also his/her congress registration fee will be waived.
Abstracts Review and Selection
Abstract will be reviewed and selected by the Program Committee.
Submitting authors will be notified of selection by e-mail in the middle of February, 2020.
Only onsite registration is available.
Details will be announced once determined.
For hotel reservation during the congress period, please contact our appointed travel agent.
Contact: Ms Yuika Yamamoto
JTB Corp MICE Division Sales Branch（Convention, Meeting and Event Team）
TEL : +81 6 6252 2830 (9:30-17:30, Weekdays only)
E-mail : email@example.com
c/o Japan Convention Services, Inc.
6-9-1 MInatojima-nakamachi, Chuo-ku, Kobe 650-0046, Japan
TEL : +81 78 303 1101 (9:30-17:30, Weekdays only) FAX : +81 78 303 3760
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org