Pre-registration / Call for Abstracts
|Reception period||August 8, 2019 (Thu) –
January 24, 2020 (Fri)
January 25, 2020 (Sat)
|Scientific Councilor||10,000 JPY||13,000 JPY|
|JPS Member||9,000 JPY||13,000 JPY|
|Graduate Student (JPS/non-JPS member)||3,000 JPY||4,000 JPY|
|Undergraduate Student (JPS/non-JPS member)||1,000 JPY||2,000 JPY|
|Non-JPS member||13,000 JPY||15,000 JPY|
|Social gathering*||10,000 JPY||12,000 JPY|
|Abstract submission fee||3,000 JPY|
*Social gathering (Buffet-Style Banquet)
Date & Time：March 17, 2020 (Tue) 19:00-21:00
Place：The Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu (Queens Grand Ball Room, B2F）
- New applicants: Please apply for Japanese Pharmacological Society membership in advance. If you apply pre-registration before being a member, you must pay “non-member” registration fee. Join the Japanese Pharmacological Society from here.
- Graduate / Undergraduate Student: Please send a copy of your student ID card (or enrollment certification) to the secretariat (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) after pre-registration.
Please make a payment by bank transfer or credit card.
*The registration fee once paid will not be refunded for any reason.
Program Book and Name Tag
- A program book and name tag will not be sent in advance to participants coming from abroad, so please take these at the reception desk.
General Abstract Submission (Call for Abstracts)
- Style of presentation: Oral or Poster
- Oral presentation and Student Session: 12 minutes (presentation 9 minutes, Q&A 3 minutes)
- Poster: free discussion in the announcement period specified by the annual meeting
*The language used is Japanese or English. However, the language used for the Annual Meeting Excellence Presentation Award candidate presentation is English only.
About Adoption of the Abstract
We will inform you on the adoption of abstract and date of presentation by e-mail in early December 2019.
Registration fee and Qualification requirements
- Abstract registration fee: 3,000 JPY/one topic.
- The principal presenter of the general topic (oral and poster) is required to be a member of the society of the year 2019. The members who have not yet paid the membership fee due for 2019, please pay as soon as possible. If you are non-member, please register your abstract after applying for membership. Registration of the abstract can’t be done if you are not registered as a member.
- About Applicants: The principal presenter must register for the abstract.
- One person (oral / poster) can be a principal presenter of a general topic for one subject. However, graduate/undergraduate students who are the poster’s principal presenter can be a principal presenter of Student Session with the same subject. (See “About Student Session 2.”)
The student session is an oral presentation session aimed at promoting young researchers’ activities at the pharmacological society and supporting job hunting activities and career paths. This is a young-led presentation (English or Japanese) for undergraduate / graduate students. The Student Presentation Award will be selected from among the student sessions. After the student session, an exchange meeting (with snacks) will be held with young researchers, companies, hospitals and senior academia researchers.
- We invite applicants for “student session” from poster presenters who are undergraduate / graduate students when giving notice of adoption of general presentation. Please apply according to it.
- As a general rule, we will ask for the request from the poster presenter, but it is possible to make a presentation only in the student session. If you wish to make a presentation only in a student session, please register a subject following the general subject registration method, and select “Student session (oral) only” in the presentation form.
- The annual meeting secretariat decides the acceptance or rejection from the student session presentation applicants of 1 and 2 above, and will inform the results in about one week.
Annual Meeting Excellence Presentation Award
- Selection object: General presentation (oral) by English
- If you want to apply for the selection, please select “Apply” on the abstract registration screen.
- The number of subjects that can be submitted for this award is up to two subjects per laboratory.
Those who falls under any of the following,
- Those who under 36 years old (as of April 1, 2020)
- Those who have less than 5 years of pharmacology research history (= membership history calculated as the end of December 2019 from the year of becoming a JPS member) as defined in the new councilor selection rules.
- The judging committee will evaluate based on the judging criteria.
- The results of selection will be announced on the afternoon of March 18, 2020 (Wed).
How to Submit of Abstract
Please register your abstract, from the Abstract Submission page.
*The deadline for registration and payment for the principal presenter is October 8, 2019 (Tue).
|Name of presenter||The names will be posted to the program in the order they are entered. Please enter the name of the responsible presenter last.|
|Affiliation of presenter||The space is limited. Please unify the name and abbreviation of the affiliation, and describe it concisely as much as possible, especially when it comes to multi-author submission.|
|Title||Up to 250 one-byte characters|
|Abstract||Up to 1,350 one-byte characters|
|Style of presentation||Oral, Poster, Student session (oral) only
* Please leave the final decision on style of presentation to the annual meeting secretariat.
|Category||Please select the first and second candidate categories from the category pull down menu.
> Category list
|Keywords||Please select up to 4 keywords from the Keywords list.
> Keywords list
|Annual Meeting Excellence Presentation Award||If you want to apply for the selection, please select “Apply”.|
|Conflicts of interest
(Principal presenter / Responsible presenter)
|Please download the “COI Self-Declaration Form” and fill it as requested for the principal and responsible presenters (joint names), then upload it to the system.|
You will be able to browse and search the abstracts on the abstract search website. Details will be announced later on the website. (Scheduled for early March)
Regarding Application for Industrial Property Rights on the Subject Matter
Please note that the content announcement date will be the publication date of the abstract search website if you consider applications for industrial property rights such as patents with regard to the contents of the presentation.
The copyright of the English summary abstract that is posted on JPS Supplement electronic version after the annual meeting belongs to the author. The author can choose one of the Creative Commons licenses “Display – Non-Profit-Tamper Protection” (CCBY-NC-ND) or “Display” (CCBY).
For details, please refer to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/.
If the author does not show any particular intention to publish the English summary abstract as an electronic journal in a medium recognized by the Japan Pharmacological Society, it is assumed that the author consents to the electronic publication.
About the Handling of Development Compounds
Please confirm the guideline (Japanese) regarding the handling of compounds during development.
Inquiries concerning pre-registration, abstract submission and JPS membership
Secretariat: The Japanese Pharmacological Society