Call for Abstracts: JSME International Session
1st February, 2018 ~ 12th March, 2018
The 50th Annual Meeting of the Japan Society for Medical Education (JSME) 3rd-4th August, 2018 Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
The International Session organized by the JSME Internationalization Committee aims to provide opportunities to share and exchange knowledge, ideas and opinions on medical and health education with colleagues and experts from abroad.
Abstract Submissions for the International Session
- The JSME Internationalization Committee invites abstracts of original papers covering any topic in medical education.
- Papers may include original research (comprehensive or pilot studies), research reviews, case studies, educational techniques, and so on. Papers will be presented either in the form of an oral or a poster presentation , depending on the preference of the authors and the decision by the JSME Internationalization Committee.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- Authors do not have to be a JSME member to submit an abstract. Anyone interested in participating in the session are welcome to apply.
Oral or Poster Presentation
- Four papers will be selected for the oral session based on the recommendation of the JSME Internationalization Committee.
- All remaining abstracts will be presented in the form of posters.
- Although there will be no oral presentation at the poster site, the presenting authors must stay there for the designated length of time (1 hour) to interact with poster viewers.
- The poster session will not be chaired. Each presenter will be responsible for starting on time.
Abstracts may be presented only by persons listed as authors at the time of submission.
Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Yushima Bunkyo-ku Tokyo 113-8519, Japan
Authors should choose their topic from the 3 categories below.
Structure of the Abstract
- The abstract title may not be longer than 100 characters, including spaces.
- Identifying information, such as authors’ names and affiliations (institutions and hospitals), should be entered in the designated box.
- There is a limit of 1,800 characters, including spaces, for the abstract text. The abstract should be structured into Background & Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
Review and Selection Process
- Submitted abstracts will be reviewed and selected by the members of the JSME Internationalization Committee.
Confirmation of Acceptance
- Confirmation of acceptance will be sent to the head authors via an e-mail at the beginning of May 2018.
Commitment to Present
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present if the abstract is accepted.
- Failure to present without prior notice may jeopardize acceptance of future abstracts.
- Travel Awards will be offered to 10 successful submitters from abroad based on the evaluation of abstracts alone. In the selection process, regional distribution will also be considered. Each awardee will win 50,000 JPY.
- Awards for Academic Excellence including Best Oral Presentation Award, Best Poster Award and Young Investigator Award will be selected based on the overall evaluation of abstracts, posters, and/or presentations in each category.
- The names of the awardees will be announced in 17:40 – 18:00 August 3rd (after the Japan-korea Joint Session)
- Travel Awards and Awards for Academic Excellence will be announced on Award Ceremony.
Exemption of Registration and Reception Fees
- We are happy to announce that the conference office will waive the reception (5,000 JPY) fees for all authors and co-authors.
- Registration fees will be charged.
For more information, please refer to the following
How to Submit an Abstract
- Abstracts can ONLY be submitted online via the congress website. Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted.
- It is the authors’ responsibility to review the submissions and correct them. Please proofread your abstract before completing your submission.
- If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to the technical secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Administration Organization of
the 50th JSME Annual Meeting
- Japan Society for Medical Education (JSME)
- Tokyo Medical and Dental University
c/o Japan Convention Service, Inc.
Daido Seimei Kasumigaseki Bldg 14th Floor, 1-4-2,
Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0013, Japan
Tel: +81 3-3508-1214
Fax: +81 3-3508-1302
Members of the JSME Internationalization Committee
|MURAOKA Akira||National Center for Global Health and Medicine|
|OKUBO Yumiko||Tokyo Women’s Medical University|
|ISHIKAWA Kazunobu||International University of Health and Welfare|
|KIKUKAWA Makoto||Kyushu University|
|AKIYAMA Minoru||University of Tsukuba Hospital|
|GOMI Harumi||Mito Kyodo General Hospital, University of Tsukuba|
|AOMATSU Muneyoshi||Saku Central Hospital|
|BREUGELMANS Raoul||Tokyo Medical University|
|TAKAMURA Akiteru||Kanazawa Medical University|
|YAMAUCHI Kazuyo||Tokyo Women’s Medical University|
|OIKAWA Sayaka||Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University|